- January 11, 2022
- Posted by: International Renaissance Centre
- Category: Goal Setting
Once you’ve decided what really matters to you and you set your goals, you can begin to make them a reality in your life. Although your goals will take some work, watching them come to fruition is exciting and satisfying!
Strategies to help you achieve your goals
Keep a picture of the life you desire at the forefront of your mind. When frivolous things try to distract you, as they will, remember to make choices according to what’s really important to you.
- Take action toward your goal every day. Each day, find something you can do that will bring you a little closer to meeting your goal.
- When challenges arise, getting discouraged won’t change anything, so seek solutions that can put you back on track. Just stay focused and adjust your plans as necessary.
Your goals aren’t set in stone. If you choose to change what you’re focused on and set a new goal, that doesn’t mean you’ve given up on your goals. It only means you’ve seen that your goals need to change, just as you change. That’s a sign of growth and wisdom.
3. Set realistic timelines.
Some goals can be met in a day or a week, but larger goals often take months or years. When you set goals, it’s important to be realistic about how long you expect them to take.
- If it’s too far away, you might procrastinate, or you may not start at all.
- If it’s too soon, you’ll be frustrated and discouraged if you don’t make your deadline.
Another great way to reach your goals is to divide big goals into smaller ones. Each small goal is one step, or one task, on the way to achieving your ultimate goal.
- Set individual deadlines for these small steps. This way, you’ll always be moving forward, one step at a time.
- For example, if your goal is to own your own business, there are things you’ll need to look into like licensing, income, credit, location and others. Each one of these tasks is one step. You could also subdivide these steps into even smaller goals.
Many people give up on their goals just before they reach them, not even realizing how close they were. Never give up! You may be closer than you think.